Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Particles?
What about particles? Lot of people see particles but is this something that can be accepted? Perhaps this is not as bad as it looks...
It's getting interesting where you draw the line isn't it?
Lot's of endoscopes have particles. But I think it's the same for broken lenses, as long as the images is still clear it should be fine right?
Does anybody know what a limit should be when talking about the particles?
As far as I can tell particles inside endoscopes often attenuate the light transmittance.
It does not effect the image quality in an early stage but when there are a lot of particles it can cause the image to get a bit darker.
I heard that particles inside endoscopes are caused by movement of the lenses during transport etc.
Because of the rod lenses inside an endoscope are separated by spacers and the combination is hold together by a spring.
So what happens is that the spacer can move a little during transport or other shocks and therefore rub against the rod lens surface.
This will cause little particles on the rod lenses inside endoscopes. It's hard to detect without special tools.
My advice is to check you're newly received endoscopes carefully before using them into theatre as particles and sometimes even broken rod lenses are caused during transport. If you discover this before using them it's easier to claim warranty...